Artillery of the Second World War: 155 mm gun of sample 40
155 mm gun of sample 40
The most long-range weapons of the Polish army were French 105-mm guns about. 13 and newer about. 29. They were classified as long -range artillery, but in fact it was only medium -range artillery.
In the 1920s, many people raised the question of the development of guns of a larger range, which would allow at that time to conduct effective fighting on the battlefield. The artillery of this type was supposed to destroy the enemy’s distant artillery and troops in the rear of the front, which, unlike the advanced parts, were usually concentrated in the camp column, camp, supply fleet, etc.
In 1928, the Committee for Arms and Technology decided to introduce a long -range cannon into armament. It was assumed that it would be a 155-mm gun with a firing range of 20,000 m, which was supposed to have motor traction. They got acquainted with foreign developments BOFORS, VICKERS, KODA and SCHNEIDER, which had a range from 22 to 26 km. Ultimately, the 149.1 mm Koda gun was recognized as the most technologically and economically optimal. The same plants proposed to transfer the production of ammunition to Poland.
In 1930, it was decided to purchase 25 Skoda guns and start the production of ammunition. However, the agreement was not signed, probably due to the economic crisis.
In 1933, the issue of buying rifles was considered again, but then they were recognized as obsolete. In 1936, the purchase of a suitable gun was resumed. The modified anti -aircraft guns Schneider and Skoda were taken into account. However, the proposed delivery time was too long, 36 months for Koda and 58 months for Schneider.
Therefore, it was decided to develop their own design based on a 120-mm mortar. The work was entrusted with Zhakhovitsky Plant. The barrel was to be produced by the Swedish BOFORS due to the lack of relevant domestic technologies. The prototype was made in 1937. In January 1938, a trial shooting was carried out at the training ground in Bgets-Snad-Bugiy.
It turned out that the firing range was only 500 m (the best gun in the world of that time is French Schneider - 1900 m) and a range of 27300 m. The first full gun was completed in November. At the beginning of 1939, field tests began, which turned out to be positive. The only objection was the low rate of fire of the gun - 3 shots per minute.
Using the C7P tractor showed that it is difficult to tow such a gun. Despite these shortcomings, the gun was recognized better than that of Schneider, and it was decided to introduce it into service as a model of 1940. The finished samples should be used in 1941. bittokajino
- Jděte do CZ Casino a získejte cenu! OndřejLon bude hovořit o tom, jak získat peníze ve slotech
- Top Danish Betting Sites that really exist!
- Sweden's secret online casinos for you
- Copenhagen flavor
- 8 tips for leaving themselves